Wednesday, September 11, 2013

WHO IS MY HERO, AND WHY...

That's an easy one...My son, Tod Robert Bussey...I can recall seeing he and his father going out the front door of our five story walk up near Washington Heights in New York...My son would be all bundled up looking like a little brown snow man, and my husband would put him in a wagon and pull our son all around the area...near the Cloisters...They were inseperable... Interesting as time went on, I noticed how much my son and I had in common, and then I happened to read this article that said that son's took after their mothers...and daughter's their fathers...I don't know if that's true in all cases, but I think my son and I have lots in common...Actually, I feel as though I take after him, rather than the other way around... He had joined the Army at 18, after attending 'The Mount" Mount St Michael's, though we are not Catholic his father was wise enough to always say, "Son the world is highly competitive and it's education that's gonna see you through", so even though after nine years of marriage, we divorced, my ex and I still participated in our son's life. Also, he had the good fortune of having two wonderful Grandmother's that supported him with lots of love and caring, something I could not always do. My son would always do something with great intensity, and I'm kinda like that too...He puts his heart and soul and mind in to everything he deems important. My son, I can easily admit, is such a better person that I am, and I strive to one day measure up to how super special he is, and I would always tell him while growing up, "Remember son, you belong to the world"...And of course he took it to heart... That's why my son is my hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment