Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Interesting how...

We forget, at least I do, that I am full of contradictions and everything is in flux all the time...Here's what I wrote back in 2007 and I believe that it's as true for me now as then... I proudly state that I am an American...I am sick and tired of terms such as African American, Irish American, Italian American, etc...first, it's redundant...being an American automatically means you're multi-cultural...that's what makes Americans, us, you, me, such extraordinary folks.. We are the best in the world, and every time someone identifies their roots as being from some other continent first, or ethnicity, or roots first and then being American second, you are falling into the hands of racists... We as Americans become stronger by identifying with the country where we are still free, still are able to succeed and to achieve greatness...Granted, we and our country are not flawless, but WE are the best in the world, America! Today rightness was exposed, not just with the firing of Imus, but three innocent white men, Americans, had been prejudged and suffered for it... If we can put ourselves as Americans first, I believe we, and our country, will be better served. So thanks again, it shows that we as a people are evolving. From my AOL webside, gwenmprod@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment