Saturday, September 21, 2013

Oh My God, say it ain't so Joe!

I'm looking at an envelope with a return address of Verdon Productions LTD, 9350 Wilshire Blvd STE 310, Beverly Hills, CA 90212, and stamped date is Sept. 3, 77, cost of mailing the Book Rate was .41 and this was the return of my mauscript that I had sent to Mr. Sidney Poitier's Office, and guess where I was living at the time...You got it! It was Addressed to :Ms. Gwen Mitchell, 1037 Masselin Avenue, Los Angeles, CA (no zip code), but it was returned, and it had been read and of course I had informed Mr Potier that I would be sending "HEAD" about a black barber shop...long before I mailed it...I have an old draft that I found inside the envelope. Oh yes, the address on Masselin, that's where Kate Blanchard is now living in my unit, which I had renovated, by the way she is British of course and now works at AFI, and I was attending AFI when I was going to AFI in '75 and probably Kate getting an earful (from recordings) of what had gone on when I was living there...Yes, I was the first to put a No Smoking Sign on my door, and then it caught on...But it's time for me to be paid and get the credit for my writing... The fact is, I am a writer, actress, producer, and now I also can do stand up...That may upset Hollywood, cause Hollywood wants you to be one thing and one thing only, and they now use actors as writers, to write their scripts, it's cheaper that way...Some are saying I have a huge ego. I say I have a healthy ego. It's just that so many think so little of themselves, because they do so little. It would break my heart to think that Mr. Sidney Poiter, whose novel I have not read, but I did read his most recent autobiography, The Measure of a Man" was partially responsible for what I am now experiencing...Because I would have liked for him to be on the board...of my plan global plan among others, and it would hurt to know that I was sold out for 70 thousand dollars which is what somebody thought that that was all that I am worth...WELL I GOT TO TELL YOU, YOU'RE WRONG, I'M WORTH MUCH, much MORE, PARTICULARLY FOR ALL THAT WAS DELIBERATE THAT YOU PUT ME THROUGH... In fact Sidney and Harry Belafonte were guests on Bill Cosby's variety show, when I played Bill's wife, and my son met the three gentlemen at the time that I performed on Bill's show as his wife. Mark Warren, the director, very talented, took my son up to the director's booth so he could watch the show. I remember when I went for my make up Lola Falana was there, and I sat down next to her, giving her a friendly greeting, and I got absolutely no reply. So I said, well, Welcome to Hollywood. Unfortunately, I never got credit for the show, yet Albert Novian saw the show and thought I was great. When I had mentioned to my agent, JACK FIELDS, about securing the credit, all I got was that they'll offer me another show. Of course that didn't happen. The show was produced by George Schlatter of Laugh In fame. Why was that done to me and why is the assault continuing? What is being kept from me? How much money has the industry taken from me and who is reaping the financial rewards of my labor? I recall, because you have to have a good memory to be a writer, when I mailed the packet, a postal worker had said at the time of the mailing to Verdon, "The Black Bastad did it again". Could the black bastard be the Devil Himself? Know that evil does exist, and so does the Devil, and from what I have seen, it's most definetly true. Whose sins am I paying for, other than my own? Anyone who takes any of my copyrighted ideas will be punshed as the Creator sees fit. (c)Gwendolyn L Michell by Gwendolyn Mitchell on 9/21/13 at 3:11PM

No comments:

Post a Comment