Saturday, September 7, 2013

HOLLYWOOD, THE TRUE FACADE..."ADORE" THE MOVIE...

As a member of the Acotrs' Branch of the Academy I decided to attend the screening of "Adore" a film shot in Australia and distributed by a lesser known distribution company...The beginning credits showed Doris Lessing as the Author of the novel which the movie is supposedly based upon. Doris Lessing is one of my favorite authors by the way, and she is Persian, and a beautiful writer who sees truth and has the ability with her uncanny energy to describe and create a scene that few writers could ever come close to her writing ability...The film starred Naomi Watts and Robin Wright, and two beautiful looking male actors...And I bet my bottom dollar that this film had no script of dialogue, and I do not believe that the novel titled, "Grandmothers" was ever written by Doris Lessing who is a brilliant author...Again, the Ghouls are allowing actors to use their own dialogue, which was why certain scenes seemed empty...The cinematography was good, the time cuts were beneficial to the film and I must say both women looked great...And were in shape, it's as if they, like so many others had gotten whiff of my healthful regime, and I probably have about twenty years at least on both actresses... The last time I saw Naomi Watts she was wearing a green apron at Whole Foods, one of the places I canvassed on behalf of Aflac...when I worked for them to support myself while attempting to get my acting, writing career going, and all those so called courses, with mediocre hacks, hello john truby, or whatever your name is, who blasted Richard Gere when I took his laborious class...The man in my opinion is a legend in his own mind, like so many ghouls outt here in Hollywood. I like the fact that American Actresses, such as Robin Wright, are getting the opportunity to portray other than an American, and I feel it's long over due since Brits and others are coming here taking parts away from American Actors and Actresses just because of the accent, which of course, an American Actor that has a good ear, could easily pick up...So I saw this as a positive. Both Actresses appeared without make-up, except for the false lashes, which was great, and they looked appealing without it, and of course lighting helps as well, and I'm not saying that actors and actresses need to appear without make up, but depending on the role, it may not be necessary, and I liked the Directing of this film.I usually enjoy watching both of these actresses execute their craft, however, again, I bet my first born that Doris Lessing didn't write "Grandmothers" and had she, I'm sure it would have had a more richness of character development...and dialogue. Actually the title is misleading because neither actresses character is a Grandmother,(not unless that comes later in the film, which I walked out of for reasons that are explained) and I left maybe forty five minutes in to the film because I am developing my own screenplay based on the love between two women and I didn't need to be influenced by "Adore"... You have two attractive women in "Adore", lusting after each other's sons, and in one scene where these women are questioning whether or not they are lesbians, and I forgot the word they used to describe their possible physical attractiion for each other...which in my opinion would have been explored long before, since they were childhood friends when UNFORUNATELY, VERY LITTLE OF THIS FILM RANG TRUE,for me... FROM THE DIALOGUE TO THE ACTING, SINCE I'M SURE, AND AGAIN THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION, BUT AGAIN THEY ALLOWED THE ACTORS TO CREATE THEIR OWN DIALOGUE, THEREFORE ELEMINATING THE WRITER, AND IF IT IS TRUE THAT THIS FILM IS SUPPOSEDLY BASED ON THE BRILLIANT AUTHOR, DORIS LESSING'S NOVEL TITLED GRANDMOTHERS...IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A MORE POWERFUL PIECE than what was presented on film...THE ACTORS ARE ALL PHYSICALLY VERY ATTRACTIVE, along with BOTH ACTRESSES, AND OF COURSE, BEING YOUNG CERTAINLY HAS ITS ADVANTAGES IN TERMS OF PHYSICAL BEAUTY referencing the two young male actors... AND SINCE I DID NOT WANT TO BE INFLUENCED BY "ADORE" I DECIDED I WOULD LEAVE EARLY, PARTICULARLY THE PART WHERE A PHYSICALLY ATTRACTIVE MALE WOULD BE LUSTING OVER THE MOTHER OF HIS BEST FRIEND, NOT THAT THIS COULDN'T HAPPEN, however, in "Adore" it appears as A CONTRIVANCE, MORE THAN COMING FROM A TRUE AND HONEST PLACE from the story... IT WAS ALMOST AS IF THESE TWO WOMEN WERE TRYING TO CONVINCE THE AUDIENCE THAT THEY WERE SENSUAL AND SEXUALLY DESIREABLE, WITH NAOMI WATTS doing a "get down type of dance movement" with the son of Robin Wright before the affair, Naomi's husband ,BY THE WAY WAS ON THE PLANE WITH ME WITH MANY OTHER "ACTORS" UPON MY RETURN FROM SOUTH AFRICA...In fact, I sat directly in back of him, AND BELIEVE ME, HE LOOKS QUITE DIFFERENTLY THAN HOW HE APPEARED IN THE BUTLER, PORTRAYING NIXON...which is Oprah's latest Film based on a novel supposedly by Mr. Daniels So, get used to it, I am a writer, I am African American, and you know the breakdown of my ethnicity, and Hollywood needs to stop grabbing credit for material that they steal from others, hating Writers is nothing new in Hollywood...And the white South African woman that I met in the Restaurant who told me that I was going to be interviewed by Steve Martin, who supposedly is now married to a writer, and his ex was a Brit...And it's interesting that whatever was supposed to happen with me, didn't as yet, because it was, in my opinion a contrivance created by Hollywood to ease their guilt about their theivery, but again, I do expect to be compensated for what I have given Hollywood and what I have brought to the world in terms of my life style and practices from sex to the Creator... I intend to have my writing projects produced, but the actors will not be creating their own dialogue...If they want to work in my productions, they will have to learn their lines which helps define who their characters are what they want, rather than to move around in space, making up their own dialogue as they go along, no wonder movies suck and aren't making money as they used to, also, the cost of tickets is off putting, and again, I saw many Ghouls sitting in the audience tonight at the academy and it definetly was not a full house, and apparently someone knew from the synopsis that this film would have an appeal to me, which it did, up to a point, but again I didn't want this film to influence the script that I am currently working on... By the way I noticed when I visited my ex's home at 1018 Crescent Drive,in Beverly Hills, it's the only house in the neighborhood that doesn't have a gate...I wonder why?...Could Devils truly be living there?...And again, I suggest that all reality shows be put on one platform and this will create much more diverse programmng... Also all those beautiful mansions in Beverly Hills and elsewhere, explore the possiblity that all the lights are on but nobody's home...Hmmmmmm. Have a good night, and in all fairness to the film "Adore" I only viewed 45 minutes of the film. I encourage any one who is a fan of Naomi Watts, and Robin Wright to check it out. Good Night. Gwendolyn Mitchell (c)Copyrighted by Gwendolyn Mitchell Time 11:40PM

No comments:

Post a Comment