Sunday, September 22, 2013

A Departure from my usual blog..Carmen Inspires at LAOPERA.

Last night I had the extreme pleasure while working out in the gym, to have George's Bizet's "Carmen" all to myself as I listened to the portable radio not the best vehicle for such an important opera as Carmen. It was performed in French with protected English Trasnlations...The role has a particular interest for me. This is due to the fact that my Aunt, Inez Matthews, Internationally known, Mezzo Soprano, had performed the role of Carmen brilliantly many times. Patricia Banton, Irish Mezzo Soprano, who portrays the ill fated temptress was clearly focused on her task and I could feel every nuance of her bold and honest interpretation of what Carmen was experiencing measure for measure. Run don't walk to the Dorothy Chandler Pavillion to experience the LA Opera...It is for EVERYONE, rich or poor, young and old, I forgot how much pure listening pleasure Opera imparts, and you don't have to speak or understand the language being sung, to enjoy this very thrilling rendition of one of the most popular operas ever performed. The music carries your soul away to a heavenly tranquil place. In addition to Patricia Barton as Carmen, Brandon Jovanovich as Don Jose, and the Opera is conducted by the magnificent Placido Domingo. There are limited performances of Carmen, and I would suggest you checking out the schedule and upcoming Operas by going to LAOpera.com I recommend the Rush Tickets you arrive about a half hour before show time and wait to see if any tickets have not been sold and you can buy them on the cheap...A Great bargain for exceptional entertainment that can help you escape from the mundane... ENJOY!!! (C)Copyright by Gwendolyn Mitchell 9/22/13

No comments:

Post a Comment