Thursday, December 26, 2013

My apologies to the good people of South Africa and the entire continent of Africa

I purchased the special commemorative edition of one of my hero's Nelson Mandela published by Time...And while perusing I see that Thembu (beloved leader) and Margaret Thatcher were certainly not even close to being non kissing cousins...I feel extremely foolish, since in an earlier blog stating why I admired "The Iron Lady" and to my dismay in the commemorative edition I found that President Mandella referred to her as a "backbencher" ( a term I imagine that means someone that shouts from a safe place without consequence )and apparently she did not support him in his anti apartheid position...This saddens me, howeve, there are some things that Margaret Thatcher apprently did do to enhance England, however, to not respect what President Mandella endured for the love of his country makes no sense and perhaps if what I am reading is accurate then perhaps the term "Iron Lady" also has a negative connotation as well as a positive slant, as most everything...Such as my position in praising someone that could actually cause pain to others, for this I apologize to the people of Africa for my being so naive, and hopefully, you will understand my ignorance...But I must take responsibility of being exuberant about one great leader, and not mentioning the superiority of the great African Leader President Mandella, who endured physically, mentally, and suffered greatly for his principles, yet had great love for all Africans no matter the color of their skin. Africa and the entire world is so much better off due to President Mandella and there is no argument coming from anyone about this fact, I am sure. Perhaps once again I am showing my stupidity, but I believe that civilization started in Africa, one of the richest, if not the richest countinent with natural resources...Africa, she is a loving mother that repeatedly gives birth to beautiful children. Thank you. Sincerely, Gwendolyn Mitchell

No comments:

Post a Comment