Monday, June 3, 2013

RE: The Movie: "Afte5r Earth" On the Postive Side

I checked out the Academy Screening on June 1st, and it was great seeing a collaborative effort on the part of Will Smith, son, Jaden Smith in the lead roles as Protagonists along with a wonderful actress who played Will's wife and equally impressive was the actress who portrayed the daughter and sister to the Jaden Character...Unfortunately both their names escape me right now, due to the fact of not staying for the end credits, nd their names were not mentioned in the Academy's programming which goes out to all members of varying branches from Actors, to Directors, Producers, Writers,Musical Talent etc...The performances should be noted in the programming mailed out to all members of the Academy, of which I am proud to say that I have been a member since my induction in 1972 after securing the role of "Shaft's main Squeeze...

Back to the movie, "After Earth" which was also produced by Caleeb Pinket, Will Smith's wife Jade, James Lassiter, and Academy Winning Director M. Night Shyamalan,,,Meaning that these individuals put their money where there heart was in backing the film which gives a POV of prophesizing where the condition of Earth will be in the next thousand years, (in my opinion it could happen faster than that, who knows, I certainly don't..)

The screenplay by Gary Whitta, M. Night Shyamalan, and story by Will Smith, the feature is definetly a family oriented film...Is it perfect, what is?  Sometimes having too many Indian Cheifs" could or may muddy the waters, however, I feel it was entertaining to just view a father and son team and the other good actors, including back ground or what is known as atmosphere, all working, meaning they had an obvious intent that they carried out in their roles.

I recommend this film for its noble and important intent and the fact that it is good clean family entertainment which could instill family discussion regarding our responsibility for how we should protect and keep Earth available for future gemerations to come.

Thanks for allowing me my 2 cents worth, on, "AFTER EARTH"...Check it out, ASAP!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment