Wednesday, January 29, 2014

"The Spook Who Sat by The Door"

A wonderful actor and a risk taker, IVAN DIXON, put his home up as collateral to make the film based on a novel which he directed, titled, "The Spook Who Sat by the Door" a device undoubtedly still being utilized...You may know Ivan Dixon as the African American Soldier on "Hogan's Heroes"...wonderful actor like so many that have fallen through the cracks, as well as wonderful actresses..."Nothing but a Man" another brilliant film which should be checked out which he starred in with Gloria Foster...I believe he may have lost his home because he couldn't find a distributor...

And I need to find the name of the brilliant Asian cinematographer who came up with the proper lighting in order for Asian Actors and Actresses so they could "come alive" on film...He spoke up at AFI when it was at Greystone in 75 I believe...

These tidbits give you a glimpse in to the trecherous waters that Artists with Friends, etc are attempting to change...I am not discussing a polyanna scenario...Artists with Friends WILL MAKE MONEY...

I need female writers,cinematographers, and above and below the line talent, those people who I promised a job, you know who you are, and of course some of my fellow classmates at AFI...as well as from NEC (Negro Ensemble Company)...HB Std. etc.etc.etc. I had a conversation with someone today and mentioned that I might want to set up an appointment with a particular studio on a possible TV series, and the first thing I hear was the name of a male writer with all kinds of supposed credits, the usual bs they give. The bottom line is the blueprint, the script, which is a living breathing thing which will get better hopefully from being on the page to being up on the screen thanks to the collaborative efforts of not only the writer, but director, actors actresses, producers who are sympathetic to the cause of making things better to have a positive GLOBAL impact...And of course remember we will hopefully have the apprentiship programs to show folks interested in making film how to become professionals at it...

And this can be applied to businesses, music, dance, archietects civil engineers, accounts, etc, etc, etc,


I am fully aware that I am not the only person that will be contributing to this effort, and I welcome that fact...I have to remind myself often, to "check my ego at the door"...

Thanks for all the help, We've got a ways to go...but I think we're all going to make it...God willing. G'night.

No comments:

Post a Comment