Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Attack Against Senior Citizens in All Fields of Endeavor

You know I hate to make this whole thing about older, or mature people against younger people, though some of us  know to what degree agism exists...Particularly in the Entertainment Field, as I had stated before I am proud by the fact that I have lived the many years that I have, and if that upsets some of you, so be it...

You can get up at 4:30AM, excercise, eat correctly, and actually work for a living, rather than slapping on make up and saying your lines if you like...And yes, I intend to do that again...

If you're trying to embarrass me, with the Photos as Gwenn Mitchell born in 1955, all you're doing is embarrassing yourself...Not me...My stand up comedy routine that I'm working on apparently the material got out...Which proves how insidious this industry is and to what lengths those people in power will go to
not to be in control...AND, it is copyrighted, and I have not given anyone permission to use any of it...

I have never slept for any role that I got...I always auditioned...And got it fairly...Some of you are working from a place of sheer ego...The INBD has my likness under a name I used to spell as "Gwenn"  , I have evolved to a Gwendolyn, at this stage of the game, and since this is a professional website that professional business people pay for, INBD needs to get it right, don't you think?

I bought my condo myself, OK, I turned down alimoney from my ex husband the father of my 53 year old son who I am very proud of, never did drugs, was in Special Forces, and now works for the FBI, his fahter and I did not get along I didn't feel it appropriate for me to take alimoney from a man I no longer loved, but that's just me...I worked in sales jobs paid by commission only and some of these jobs by the way, I was the only female, and the only African American at that...The only thing I asked for was to go back to my maiden name.  Most of the white women in that incorrect ad of Gwenn Mitchell, and why these women are on the website is a total affront and only confirms how racists and sexist the industry is, and that is changing.  The women pictured in those ads have been pampered and coddled and told that they're special when they're not.  Women of color don't get that kind of protection and support. We have to get out there and hustle all the time.  It's the price we pay for knowing that the only way we are going to survive is to be Independent and do it on our own.You Hollywood Types who grew up with platinum spoons in your mouth, God Bless you, and you smile and grin deceitfully and kiss ass. PLEASE CORRECT THE AD, I AM NOT 55, THAT WOULD MEAN I WOULD HAVE HAD TO HAVE MY SON AT 2. I am proud that I am a great grandmother of two beautiful grandchildren, Naomi and Isiah, and, by the way for people not to tell their age can be detremental to their health.  You are not giving the people of the world enough credit, they don't care how old you are, they want to be entertained, but when the good guys are always white, then you know there is something wrong with that.  It has a pyschological toll on people.  But you pampered women whose mommy and daddy's brought you in to this industry without paying the dues, and I'm sure you know who you are, you need to walk in the shoes of the African American, American Indian, the Iranian, Pakistani, etc, do you ever do that, or, do you just keep adopting black babies to prove your humanity?
It has always been in my nature to stand up for the "underdog" and usually that under dog has been women, yet not entirely, gay men and lesbian women, of all color, women who have wanted to better themselves, which is why I wrote the Peace and Love Speech some time ago, and if your point was to try and expose me forget it, it only points up how desperate you are in knowing that the tide is turning in this industry and the people that have been kept out, are and will be entering through the doors that have been shut to them for so long.

Gwemdolyn Mitchell

No comments:

Post a Comment