Sunday, January 18, 2015

"THE MILK OF HUMAN KINDNESS."..

THE TITLE OF THIS BLOG COMES FROM STEINBECK'S, "THE GRAPES OF WRATH" ONE OF MY FAVORITE NOVELS AND AUTHORS... SHE WAS SO KIND TO ME, SHE WAS THE OWNER, OR MANAGER OF LaMasia Restaurant that no longer exits, unfortunately, on Santa Monica Blvd, West of Dan Tana's in West Hollywood, adjacent to Beverly Hills, East of Doheny, if heading in a westerly direction. I knew nothing about the secular movement at that time, or the "moving on up movement" motivated only by greed which would destroy perceived competition, the reason why I repeatedly say, "No Monopolies!" regarding my global plan. I had no money, and I was starving, it was near closing at this wonderful restaurant,LaMasia and I entered and I saw her. I knew she would recognize me because my then steady boyfriend and I would frequent the place. A place that I had been turned on to by my friend "Lance", and I should put friend in quotes, if you know what I mean. Lance supposedly had been in prison and would always say how much sexier men were than women...I thought he was nuts...Yes he was a black man, but Richard Bach had also put me down in a similar manner when he took me for a week-end in Palm Springs, mentioned in a prior blog, and he said, "I don't see anybody looking at you...you don't turn heads"...I didn't know that that was my job...I was thinking at the time. Understand that Richard Bach or Lance were certainly not heart throb material. Richard may have been my height, and Lance, well what can I say, come see come sa. Of course it was part of the ruse to put down women so men could be financially supported by us, picking up the check, etc, a residual factor from the so called women's movement, and "bra burning" days which gave men the complete freedom to walk all over women, and not to hold them in the high esteem that we undoubtedly deserve. "Wait here" the manager and or owner said to me, and she left me standing in the near empty restaurant near the entrace. She returned shortly with a care package, which she handed to me and I said, "Thank you, I'll pay you for this". She seemed nervous about me being there at all, and I left. Soon after LaMasia closed and now a Mexican Restaurant is there, and the restaurant is also located on Melrose not far from Melrose Carpet, same side of the street, and also, on Sunset, near Equinox, as well as in the relatively new Santa Monica mall, not too far from Merit Financial, as a matter of fact, so again, the ghouls, goons, and posers, were tactically seeking out their territory. Similar to what had happned on Wall Street with the Corporate Raiding of Companies during the time they, I allege, were manipulating the stock and commodities and bond markets. This was the place where I recall sitting in the adjacent room, when first introduced to the restaurant it was just a one room restaurant but the business began to boom and the powers at be decided to expand. I remember AN and I were sitting in the adjacent room in the corner and I happened to look up at the ceiling, the tables were lit by candle light creating a romantic atmosphere. What I saw, was the shadow in profile of the Devil, and it was AN's profile. I kept staring up at it while AN continued eating. It was unnerving to say the least, and this was either the first or second episode of its kind. The other time was when I spent the night in the house, at 1018 Crescent Drive, the house had a back entranceway which led directly from The Beverly Hills Hotel to the N's domicile. We were both naked and I had fallen off to sleep when I awoke, AN was not there and I got up and roamed the home which had supposedly been sold to the N's by alleged film producer, Stanley Kramer, for $350,000. The N's had relocated from Cadillac Avenue, not far from Barbara Mendez's Art Studio on Robertson. There was an eerie feeling that seemed to suddenly consume me, and I wandered around the house, calling AN's name but he didn't answer.He had literally disappeared. When I went into the living room I noticed there was a family photograph of the N's all dressed up all smiling in to Camera, and many in the photo I hadn't recognized. Something about the photo freaked me out, and I went to the phone and called the BH Police or 911 I don't know which, and I said to the male operator, "I'm at 1018 Crescent Drive in Beverly Hills and there are Devils here." He said, "What?" He sounded as if he could be Black. He said something like he'd send a car out and he hung up. I quickly dressed and walked outside surprised to discover that it was day light, and I suddenly felt that I was somewhere other than where I was. A car stopped near the driveway, and I walked to the car where this white guy with glasses, and mixed grey hair asked, "Do you need a ride?" I was so freaked out I got in to the car and gave him my address on Masselin Avenue, and I began crying and he tried to calm me, when I explained what happened. He listened mostly and I said something about feelings and he easily agreed with me, and said something like, "all we have are our feelings", or something to that affect. Later I remember that this looked like the same guy who I had met back in New York years ago when I was working at the ABC Restaurant in New York as a waitress, and he gave me a fifteen dollar tip on a less than five dollar drink order. He also looked like the guy who I had met who said that his wife was a writer, and again, when I was treating my attorney friend Hal Berritt to lunch at this outdoor cafe, there was that guy again, sitting with his wife and child I presumed, and he began openly flirting and I turned away thinking how inappropriate. When I paid for the meal, I remember Hal said, "Gwen, I have never had any woman pay for my meal, not ever, thank you and you don't need to do this". And I said, "You've been a good friend over the years." I had met Hal through Joe Sheehan and Peter Danes, and at this time he was married, with no children I don't think. I found out later that he was now living in Fla. Regarding AN and that particular weird night, we never spoke about it, but I knew there was something going on other than what appeared...Of course now I know, that just about everything was a set up for the world in general being taken over by forces that were being controlled by enemies of good and moral people. The location of the restaurant, which is no longer, is now where a Dog Park exists in West Hollywood on Sunset. This blog was to thank that kind woman and I couldn't understand why LaMasia abruptly went "Kaput!" Thanks again, and trust that things are going well for you. (c)copyrighted by gwendolyn mitchell on January 18, 2015 at 1:57PM LOS ANGELES, CA 90046

No comments:

Post a Comment